SINGAPORE: Minister for Communications and Information Yaacob Ibrahim has expressed his dismay at the M1 service disruption that occurred on Tuesday.
Writing on his Facebook page on Wednesday, Dr Yaacob said: "It has been a frustrating experience for M1 customers, especially having just experienced other disruptions in very recent months.
"They had given the feedback that M1 could have done better in providing updates and communicating to its subscribers when the services resumed."
M1 customers were hit with a disruption in service from around 7am until just past noon on Tuesday, with many unable to make calls and send or receive SMSes.
The telco said the disruption was due to a "software issue".
The last major outage customers faced was on December 2 last year, when M1's mobile data network was affected for six hours by a "software bug".
Dr Yaacob had asked the Infocomm Development Authority, which will be carrying out an investigation into the disruption, to "have M1 ensure that its network functions optimally".
Noting that SingTel users have also experienced intermittent access to 3G and 4G services on Wednesday, he urged telcos to "improve in the way they update and assist their customers when disruptions occur". - CNA/xq
MORE SINGAPORE NEWS
Latest Photo Galleries on xinmsn
Ukrainian activists hold a flash mob at Boryspil international airport in Kiev on Saturday to welcome Russian visitors with anti-Putin leafl... More Ukrainian activists hold a flash mob at Boryspil international airport in Kiev on Saturday to welcome Russian visitors with anti-Putin leaflets and signs, calling them to watch news from different sources. Duration: 01:28
Date 10 mins ago, Duration 1:27, Views 0