Channel NewsAsia
Updated: 01/05/2013 05:37 | By Channel NewsAsia

Well—being of guests affected by food poisoning an immediate priority, says hotel

Well—being of guests affected by food poisoning an immediate priority, says hotel


Well—being of guests affected by food poisoning an immediate priority, says hotel

SINGAPORE: The InterContinental Hotel said on Friday its immediate priority is to look after the well—being of its guests who were affected by a spate of food poisoning at its hotel recently.

It added it will wait for the outcome of investigations before discussing compensation.

Over 200 cases of food poisoning were reported and linked to the Man Fu Yuan Restaurant at the hotel. Guests had experienced diarrhoea, vomiting and fever.

The restaurant’s kitchen is used to prepare food for banquets at the hotel.

Five banquets that took place between 26 and 30 December 2012 were affected.

The National Environment Agency (NEA) has since suspended the restaurant’s operations.

But the hotel said that previously booked banquets will not be affected by the closure.

Food will be prepared at other kitchens in the hotel and by chefs who were not working during the affected period.

The hotel said all its staff that were working during the five banquets have also undergone health checks.

The Ministry of Health and NEA said it will take some time to investigate the recent food poisoning cases at the InterContinental Hotel.

Tash Tobias, General Manager of InterContinental Hotel Singapore, said: "We don’t know why this incident has taken place. We’ve been co—operating with the MOH and NEA fully to try and gain an understanding of what has taken place. They’ve been in the hotel and through the kitchens three times, and are very comfortable with our methods of working. However we have submitted tests for lab testing from the food samples and we’re awaiting the outcomes of those results."

— CNA/de

Latest Photo Galleries on xinmsn

NEWS VIDEOS