SMRT extends train service hours on eve of National Day
Public transport operator SMRT says its will extend the hours of service of its North-South, East-West and Circle Line trains on the eve of National Day - that is on Wednesday, the 8th of August.
It says trains will run up to 1.35am.
Selected buses will also extend its service up to the same time on Wednesday.
Extended service hours on eve of National Day:
From City Hall Interchange, the last Northbound, Southbound, Eastbound and Westbound trains will depart at 12.30am (9 August).
- Passengers on the last Northbound train can connect to the last Circle Line trains at Bishan (train service will end at Caldecott towards HabourFront, and at Bartley towards Dhoby Ghaut) and Dhoby Ghaut Interchanges (train service will end at Tai Seng).
- The last Northbound train will have no connecting Eastbound or Westbound train at Jurong East Interchange.
- Passengers on the last Eastbound train can connect to the last Circle Line trains at Paya Lebar Interchange (train service will end at Tai Seng towards HabourFront, and at Mountbatten towards Dhoby Ghuat).
- Passengers on the last Westbound train can connect to the last Circle Line train at Buona Vista Station (train service will end at Pasir Panjang towards HabourFront, and at Botanic Gardens towards Dhoby Ghaut) and the last Southbound train at Jurong East Interchange (train service will end at Kranji).
- At Choa Chu Kang Interchange, passengers on the last MRT train can connect to the last Bukit Panjang LRT train at 1.28am.
Train services between Expo and Changi Airport Stations remain unchanged. Last train times are:
- Last train from Tanah Merah Station to Changi Airport Station: 11.50pm
- Last train from Changi Airport Station to Tanah Merah Station: 12.06am
- Last train from Expo Station to Tanah Merah Station: 12.11am
Extended feeder bus services on eve of National Day:
- Later feeder buses at five SMRT bus interchanges
- Passengers on the last trains can connect to the following feeder bus services till as late as 1.35am (9 August). Details are as follow:
- Interchange Feeder Bus Service Last Bus from Interchange (Time)
- Bukit Batok 173A, 189A, 941, 945, 947 1.35am
- Choa Chu Kang 300, 302, 307 1.30am
- Sembawang 859A 1.20am
- Woodlands 901, 911, 912, 913 1.15am
- Yishun 804, 812 1.25am
SMRT says commuters headed to Marina Bay Sands and its vicinity should exit from Bayfront Station and not Promenade Station.
That's because road closures will block access from Promenade Station.
Passengers may contact SMRT Customer Relations at 1800-336-8900 on weekdays during office hours from 7.30am to 6.30pm or visitwww.smrt.com.sgfor more information.
MORE SINGAPORE NEWS
Latest Photo Galleries on xinmsn
A makeshift shrine was set in New York's Greenwich Village Monday at the location where Mark Carson, a 32-year-old gay man, was shot dead la... More A makeshift shrine was set in New York's Greenwich Village Monday at the location where Mark Carson, a 32-year-old gay man, was shot dead last week. New Yorkers -- including mayoral candidate Christine Quinn -- are planning a rally to protest the shooting, which has been labelled as a hate crime.
Date 24 mins ago, Duration 0:37, Views 0