Nurse suffers burn injury after sitting on unknown substance in train
A nurse has been hospitalised with a burn injury after sitting on an unknown substance in an SMRT train.
She was on the north-bound train towards Jurong East at around 11am on Thursday when the incident happened.
24-year-old Wan Zahfirah Arshad got off the train when a tingling pain on her bum became too much to bear.
She then noticed a yellowish substance on her clothes.
It was only when she got home that she noticed that she had suffered burns on her left buttock.
She immediately went to the Singapore General Hospital for treatment, and was told it was a third-degree burn injury.
"When I got home the first thing my mum saw was my uniform pants there's a yellow patch over my buttock area. As I try to change the pants, my mum actually saw the burning...actually my buttock was actually scalded. quite shocked how can there be this chemical on public transport where there's a lot of public and a lot people taking public transport."
SMRT has expressed shock at the incident and has lodged a police report about the incident.
It has also contacted Ms Wan Zahfirah to ensure she is well taken care of.
MORE 938LIVE SINGAPORE NEWS
Latest Photo Galleries on xinmsn
Britain and the UN's children's agency on Tuesday hosted the first ever "Girl Summit" to mobilise international efforts to end female genita... More Britain and the UN's children's agency on Tuesday hosted the first ever "Girl Summit" to mobilise international efforts to end female genital mutilation and child marriage, practices that affect millions of girls around the world. Duration: 00:56
Date 54 mins ago, Duration 0:55, Views 2