SINGAPORE: A nurse has been hospitalised with a burn injury after sitting on an unknown substance in an SMRT train.
She was on the North-bound train towards Jurong East at around 11am on Thursday when the incident happened.
Twenty-four-year-old Wan Zahfirah Arshad got off the train when a tingling pain on her buttocks became too much to bear.
She then noticed a yellowish substance on her clothes.
It was only when she got home that she noticed that she had suffered burns on her left buttock.
She immediately went to the Singapore General Hospital for treatment.
SMRT has expressed shock at the incident.
It has lodged a police report about the incident and will work closely with the police in their investigations into this matter.
The rail operator also added that it had contacted Ms Wan Zahfirah to ensure she is well taken care of.
Last month, a teenager suffered burns on his thigh after sitting on what could have been acid at a Bukit Batok bus stop. - CNA/ck
MORE SINGAPORE NEWS
Latest Photo Galleries on xinmsn
Although the results of the elections are to be announced on Friday afternoon, Abdelaziz Bouteflika's supporters took to the streets of the ... More Although the results of the elections are to be announced on Friday afternoon, Abdelaziz Bouteflika's supporters took to the streets of the capital Algiers to celebrate, while Bouteflika's main rival Ali Benflis has cried fraud. Duration: 1:01
Date 15 mins ago, Duration 1:00, Views 0