SINGAPORE: The police have advised the public not to circulate or repost a notice of an incident where a man was alleged to have tried to grab a child in Hougang, near a PCF kindergarten.
The police investigated the alleged "child-grabbing" incident and confirmed that there was no such attempt.
Police said circulating or reposting the incident can generate unnecessary public alarm, causing fear and panic in the community.
This was after the police received an alert on Monday morning that a man was seen interacting with some children near Block 326 Hougang Ave 7.
Police have interviewed the 43-year-old man involved.
Investigations revealed this to be a case of misunderstanding between the involved parties with no malicious intent and that these findings were confirmed by CCTV footage.
Earlier, PCF Community Foundation said the alleged incident did not happen at its Hougang centre but at a neighbouring block.
PCF Hougang Branch at Block 328 Hougang Avenue 5 had earlier sent a letter to parents and guardians warning them about the alleged incident on the same day.
PCF Community Foundation added that all PCF centres have strict procedures on handling of children. - CNA/ac/xq
MORE SINGAPORE NEWS
Latest Photo Galleries on xinmsn
Up to 14,000 people viewed Nelson Mandela's body on the first day of his lying in state, the government said Thursday, announcing that shutt... More Up to 14,000 people viewed Nelson Mandela's body on the first day of his lying in state, the government said Thursday, announcing that shuttle services for the second day had reached capacity.
Date 47 mins ago, Duration 1:58, Views 0