SINGAPORE: Seventeen prominent members of the arts community have been appointed to the committee tasked to review the Singapore Arts Festival.
The National Arts Council (NAC) said the Review Committee consists of members from across the arts, media and public sectors, and were selected based on their knowledge, experience and expertise in Singapore’s arts and cultural landscape.
The Review Committee will be chaired by Benson Puah, who is NAC’s Chief Executive Officer.
The primary responsibility of this Review Committee is to make recommendations with regards to the role, programming direction, operating model for the Singapore Arts Festival.
In addition, the Review Committee will carry out further public consultations and examine suggestions for possible activities in 2013, as a lead up to the Festival’s return in 2014.
Working in tandem with the objectives presented in the Arts and Culture Strategic Review (ACSR) announced earlier this year, the Review Committee aims to come up with a refreshed and re—energised plan for the Arts Festival by December this year
NAC’s Deputy CEO, Yvonne Tham, said: "I am heartened that these individuals have stepped forward and come onboard to help us chart a new milestone for the Singapore Arts Festival. Their specialized knowledge, experience and expertise will bring valuable feedback and new ideas to the table."
She added: "I am confident that this committee will help us build a stronger Festival for 2014 and many more years to come. We are looking forward to the 2014 Singapore Arts Festival being an even more exciting one, charting new peaks of artistic excellence, while bringing enjoyment and inspiration to Singaporeans on all levels."
1. Choy Ka Fai — independent artist
2. Goh Yew Lin — chairman of Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music/Singapore Symphony Orchestra
3. Osman Abdul Hamid — artistic director at Era Dance Company
4. Ivan Heng — artistic director at W!ld Rice
5. Noor Effendy Ibrahim — artistic director at The Substation
6. Janice Koh — actress, Nominated Member of Parliament
7. Kok Heng Leun — artistic director at Dramabox
8. Gaurav Kripalani — artistic director at Singapore Repertory Theatre
9. Aravinth Kumarasamy — creative and managing director at Apsaras Arts
10. Lee Chor Lin — director at National Museum of Singapore
11. Ken Lee — executive place manager at Urban Redevelopment Authority
12. J.P. Nathan — director of programming at The Esplanade Company Ltd
13. Joavien Ng — independent artist
14. Ong Keng Sen — artistic director at Theatreworks
15. Ong Sor Fern — deputy editor of Life! at The Straits Times Singapore Press Holdings
16. Lynette Pang — executive director of arts & entertainment at Singapore Tourism Board
17. Venka Purushothaman — provost at LASALLE College of the Arts
MORE SINGAPORE NEWS
Latest Photo Galleries on xinmsn
L'union Africaine, avec un bilan controversé et des grands défis à venir, fête ses 50 ans. Durée: 01:17
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 1:17, Views 2