HDB officer says she explained implications of flat transfer to widow
The HDB officer who handled a widow's transfer application to make her two daughters joint tenants of her flat, said she had explained the implications of the transfer.
35-year-old Amy Koh Siew Leng, who took the stand as a witness, said this was part of her duties as an administrative executive with HDB.
91-year-old widow Mdm Eileen Chia Yoke Mui had claimed that she was not informed about the consequences of transferring the ownership of the 5-room flat.
But today in court, Ms Koh, who has been with the HDB Clementi branch since 25 May 2009, gave a different take of the events on 31 December 2009.
Ms Koh told the court that there was no indication that Mdm Chia and her late husband - Mr Dennis Goh Chin Chye, did not understand the implications.
She added that she would not have processed the application if she felt either of the couple did not understand her, or had appeared inattentive.
Ms Koh is the fourth witness to take the stand in the civil trial.
Mdm Chia is locked in a legal row with her two daughters - 62-year-old Yvonne Goh Mei Ling and 52-year-old Mrs Yvette Goh Meich'ang.
She claimed that she was being misled by her daughters into making them joint tenants.
Earlier in the morning, Mdm Chia was grilled by defence lawyer Alfred Dodwell over the source of the lawsuit.
Mr Dodwell said it was her sons who had "commenced the lawsuit" using their parents' name, and that they had also paid Mdm Chia's legal fees.
Mdm Chia did not dispute this.
Today's hearing also saw Mrs Yvonne Goh's husband, Mr Andrew James Ross taking the stand as a witness in the afternoon.
Mr Ross, a Briton, told the court that he "felt very uninvolved in the whole issue".
He added that he knew nothing about the sisters' trip to the HDB office in Clementi until later that day.
MORE 938LIVE SINGAPORE NEWS
Latest Photo Galleries on xinmsn
The number of Ebola infections will triple to 20,000 by November, soaring by thousands every week if efforts to stop the outbreak are not st... More The number of Ebola infections will triple to 20,000 by November, soaring by thousands every week if efforts to stop the outbreak are not stepped up radically, the WHO warned in a study on Tuesday. Duration: 01:01
Date 11 mins ago, Duration 1:00, Views 0