HDB launches 7 BTO projects with 6,463 new flats, capping a record year of supply
HDB launched seven Build-To-Order (BTO) projects today, offering 6,463 new flats in two non-mature towns (Choa Chu Kang and Sengkang), and three mature towns (Bedok, Queenstown and Toa Payoh).
With this launch, the total BTO flat supply in 2012 will reach a record of 27,084 units.
This is the largest BTO supply in a year since the BTO system was introduced in 2002.
Together with another 7,153 balance flats offered earlier in the March and September 2012 Sale of Balance Flats (SBF) exercises, HDB has launched a total of 34,237 new flats in 2012.
HDB says first-timers will continue to enjoy priority flat allocation with at least 95% and 85% of the BTO flat supply (excluding Studio Apartments) set aside for them in mature towns and non-mature towns respectively.
The Multi-Generation Priority Scheme (MGPS) will be available to those applying for flats at Fengshan GreenVille, Ghim Moh Edge and Toa Payoh Crest.
Elderly flat owners in Bedok, Queenstown and Toa Payoh will also enjoy doubled balloting chances under the Ageing-In-Place Priority Scheme (APPS) when they apply for a Studio Apartment in Fengshan GreenVille, Ghim Moh Edge and Toa Payoh Crest.
Eligible first-timer households will also enjoy up to $60,000 of housing grants - comprising $40,000 of Additional CPF Housing Grant and $20,000 of Special CPF Housing Grant.
With these grants, HDB says this month's new BTO 3-room flats will be priced from as low as $111,000, and 4-room flats from $228,000.
Applications for new flats launched can be submitted online from today, to next Tuesday.
The next BTO launch will be in January 2013 - when HDB will offer about 3,320 BTO flats in Ang Mo Kio, Choa Chu Kang, Hougang, Kallang Whampoa, Tampines and Yishun.
HDB says it is planning for at least 20,000 BTO flats in 2013, and will adjust the flat supply if necessary to meet demand.
More information on the flats offered under the Jan 2013 BTO Exercise is available on theHDB InfoWEB
MORE SINGAPORE NEWS
Latest Photo Galleries on xinmsn
The search for Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 entered its fourth day on Tuesday. The Boeing 777 aircraft travelling from Kuala Lumpur to Bei... More The search for Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 entered its fourth day on Tuesday. The Boeing 777 aircraft travelling from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing disappeared from radar over the South China Sea early Saturday with 239 people on board. VIDEOGRAPHIC
Date 28 mins ago, Duration 0:51, Views 0