SINGAPORE: The Home Affairs Ministry said it is not going ahead with disciplinary proceedings against former Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) chief Ng Boon Gay at the moment.
It said it will wait for the prosecution to decide if it will appeal against the court’s decision of finding Mr Ng not guilty of corruption.
In a statement, the ministry explained if the prosecution does not appeal, internal disciplinary proceedings action will continue.
The ministry had commenced civil service disciplinary proceedings against Mr Ng last year on charges of serious personal misconduct.
The disciplinary proceedings were subsequently suspended after corruption charges were brought against him.
Mr Ng had also been interdicted from duties pending the outcome of these proceedings. Interdiction is a key step in the disciplinary process. It includes suspension from duty, as well as the docking of pay.
It is believed that Mr Ng may still face disciplinary action because he had admitted to having an improper relationship with a woman.
Any officer guilty of serious wrongdoing, may be dismissed, demoted or fined.
If the matter is less serious, they may be asked to retire or allowed to resign, or be let off with a warning.
In 2010, the Public Service Commission disciplined 29 officers, 19 of whom were sacked.
MORE SINGAPORE NEWS
Latest Photo Galleries on xinmsn
French troops on Monday began disarming fighters in the Central African Republic after a swell in sectarian violence that has claimed hundre... More French troops on Monday began disarming fighters in the Central African Republic after a swell in sectarian violence that has claimed hundreds of lives and terrified inhabitants.
Date 2 mins ago, Duration 0:40, Views 0