Blogger asked to explain two emails sent which tell recipients where to read posts, watch video take down following legal action
The same day he agreed to take down four posts and a YouTube video in response to a demand by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong's lawyer - blogger Roy Ngerng allegedly sent two emails in which he instructed the recipients where they could still read the posts and watch the video after they had been taken down.
And today, PM Lee's lawyer, Mr Davinder Singh, has demanded that the blogger clarifies his intention behind the two emails which appeared to have been sent by him yesterday.
In his letter to Mr Ngerng's lawyer, M Ravi, today - Mr Singh noted the blogger had agreed to remove the content from his blog by 5pm yesterday or face a demand for aggravated damages.
This undertaking was given in a letter from Mr Ravi on behalf of his client yesterday.
Based on this undertaking, PM Lee had agreed to Mr Ngerng's request to extend the deadline to 5pm on Wednesday for an offer of damages to be made in the legal action taken by Mr Lee.
However, Mr Singh said it would appear that the blogger had once again misled PM Lee as well as the public.
Mr Singh said the two emails sent yesterday to both the local and international media, republished the posts and the video to a wider audience.
They also asserted that one, Mr Ngerng's allegation against Mr Lee was the "truth," and two, the Prime Minister had complained about the offending posts "to eliminate the evidence of the corruption" from Mr Ngerng's blog.
Mr Singh said Mr Ngerng has further aggravated the injury and distress to Mr Lee.
He added the fact that Mr Ngerng misled everyone about his promise to remove the Youtube video amounts to very grave aggravation.
And if the two emails were indeed sent by Mr Ngerng, Mr Singh said that would be yet further aggravation.
Mr Ngerng has to reply by 5pm today if he sent out the emails, why he sent them out, and who he sent them to.
MORE 938LIVE SINGAPORE NEWS
Latest Photo Galleries on xinmsn
Hamas Wednesday rejected a ceasefire to end 16 days of deadly fighting with Israel unless the blockade on the Gaza Strip is lifted, its chie... More Hamas Wednesday rejected a ceasefire to end 16 days of deadly fighting with Israel unless the blockade on the Gaza Strip is lifted, its chief Khaled Meshaal said in Doha. Duration: 01:31
Date 5 hrs ago, Duration 1:31, Views 85