9-month-old suffers bad burns at childcare centre
SINGAPORE : A nine-month-old toddler has suffered second-degree burns to his arm after he was accidentally “scalded” at a childcare centre in Boon Lay.
Photos of the toddler’s burned arm, which was covered with blisters, have been circulating online after Facebook user Wendy Foo, who is a friend of the boy’s mother, posted them on the social networking site on Tuesday.
According to Foo, a caretaker from PCF Little Wing at Boon Lay told the boy’s parents that they had accidentally spilled coffee on the child, however, they did not find any coffee stains on his arm. CCTV footage also did not show what was said to have happened.
"The doctor said that his hand had second-degree burns. His mother was crying at the hospital when she saw the doctor start peeling off the burned skin from the baby's hand before they could start the treatment," wrote Foo.
The Ministry of Social and Family Development has reportedly been informed about the matter and the child has been withdrawn from the childcare centre.
MORE SINGAPORE NEWS
Latest Photo Galleries on xinmsn
Myanmar stages a lavish spectacle of lights, dance and pyrotechnics at the opening ceremony for the Southeast Asian Games, as the impoverish... More Myanmar stages a lavish spectacle of lights, dance and pyrotechnics at the opening ceremony for the Southeast Asian Games, as the impoverished and formerly reclusive state displays a dazzling face to the world. Duration: 00:58
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 0:57, Views 39