SINGAPORE: All 29 ex—SMRT bus drivers involved in an illegal strike over pay and living conditions on 26 and 27 November have been sent back to China.
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) said they were placed on flights between 12:15am and 4:35pm on Sunday.
MHA said they were cooperative and that the process took place without incident.
Officials from the Chinese embassy, as well as SMRT staff, assisted in the repatriation exercise.
The 29 drivers, who were rounded up on Saturday morning, were absent from work on one or both days of the illegal strike.
Their work permits were revoked.
Although some of them had medical certificates, the authorities said these drivers were recalcitrant and participated actively in the strike.
On Thursday, four other SMRT drivers from China were charged with instigating the strike.
A fifth driver will be charged in court on Monday.
Over 150 other drivers will be let off, with police warning letters.
MORE SINGAPORE NEWS
Latest Photo Galleries on xinmsn
French experts sifting through the debris of the Air Algerie plane that crashed last week, killing all 118 on board, are yet to see a single... More French experts sifting through the debris of the Air Algerie plane that crashed last week, killing all 118 on board, are yet to see a single intact body. Duration: 01:04
Date 6 mins ago, Duration 1:03, Views 0