Malaysia F1 race to go ahead despite jet saga
Lotus driver Pastor Maldonado of Venezuela (R) powers through a corner ahead of teammate Romain Grosjean of France during the Formula One Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne on March 16, 2014 - by Paul Crock
"People are not in the mood for an event like this. Everywhere, be it on radio, newspaper, TV or social media, it is all about finding MH370," said Sepang International Circuit chief executive Razlan Razali.
The race is set for March 30.
Malaysia Airlines flight 370 went missing early in the morning of March 8 with 239 passengers and crew aboard, spawning a massive international search across Southeast Asia and the Indian Ocean that has so far turned up no trace of wreckage from the Boeing 777.
"Whatever it is, Formula One will go on and the concert after that will proceed but we will be sensitive and not go overboard," Razlan said of the annual race and subsequent concert extravaganza.
MORE REGIONAL NEWS
Latest Photo Galleries on xinmsn
O primeiro-ministro do Lesoto, Thomas Thabane, afirmou neste sábado que fugiu do país para escapar de um golpe de Estado militar. O exército... More O primeiro-ministro do Lesoto, Thomas Thabane, afirmou neste sábado que fugiu do país para escapar de um golpe de Estado militar. O exército nega ter tentado derrubar o governo desta nação pobre do sul da África.
Date 15 hrs ago, Duration 1:19, Views 133